Sunday, June 30, 2013

BABR Summer 2013 Week #2

This was our second junior camp week. I had six campers in my cabin (a nice number to work with). They ranged in age from 8-12 years old. We had two work teams to help this week (35 or 40 people), which was wonderful after not having one last week. For chapels Pastor Matt took miracles Jesus did (the paralytic man whose friends brought him to Jesus, the woman with the blood disorder who touched Jesus, the blind man that Jesus healed) and showed how they applied to our lives in very practical ways. He used games to review each morning, which insured the campers listened to the messages. Later in the week I was able to share my testimony with two struggling campers. One of them said I was like her second mom. This confirmed why God has me here- to allow Christ to shine from me and draw these girls closer to Himself. After skits, my sister Beth came up and shared with me that she "gets it" now. God clearly showed her what Broken Arrow Bible Ranch is all about- leading campers to Christ and giving them hope beyond their difficult lives. My heart was so moved to hear this come from her. It's exactly what I've been praying for. At campfire 5 of my 6 campers went up and shared they were saved at some point in their lives. Beth also got up and shared how she was saved when she was little, rededicated her life last year at camp, being adopted, and how God is working in her. God showed me this week how far I've come in my relationship with Him and those around me. Sometimes it's hard to see where I've come from. I had a lot of fun connecting with my campers and we had many moments of laughter! It was wonderful to talk with the parents when they came to pick up their girls and have them be so appreciative for what we do here at Broken Arrow. I watched several of the girls go from timid, shy girls who wouldn't really participate to girls that were playing and interacting with others by the end of the week.

ready for Mission Impossible

Steve explaining the rules of Mission Impossible

singing in chapel

Winnebago cabin

Big Ball Volleyball

sharks and minnows game

2 of my campers

Sarah after the dunk tank- very refreshing

Beth in the dunk tank anxiously awaiting the drop

No comments:

Post a Comment